Behavioral Nutrition specializes in the treatment of Food Addiction, Binge- Eating and Compulsive Over-Eating.
Our outpatient programs combine effective research-based Behavioral Therapy and Medical Nutrition Counseling that allow patients to continue with their daily life responsibilities while seeking personalized treatment.
Common Symptoms of Food Addiction
- Cravings for certain foods, despite feeling full and having just finished a nutritious meal.
- Eating much more than intended.
- Eating to the point of feeling excessively “stuffed”.
- Feelings of guilt after eating particular foods, yet eating them again soon after.
- Making excuses about why one should eat something they are craving.
- Multiple attempts at quitting eating or setting rules (includes cheat meals/days) about certain foods.
- Hiding consumption of unhealthy foods from others.
- Inability to control consumption of unhealthy foods, despite knowing that they are causing physical harm (including weight gain).