Tips for Navigating Valentine’s Day While in ED Recovery
Valentine’s Day can be a difficult time for individuals who are in ED recovery due to expectations that surround the holiday. Here are a few tips for navigating the holiday while in ED recovery.
- Remember that today is a celebration of love. That love can be expressed toward yourself, your body, friends and family, your pet, or a significant other, but you are your most important Valentine!
- Remember that holidays can be hard and it’s important to be gentle with yourself.
- Know that you deserve to enjoy all foods without guilt.
- If you’re craving chocolate, eat chocolate.
- What you eat does not define who you are.
- Repeat to yourself, “My body deserves nourishment and kindness even if I don’t like it all the time.”